you're reading...

International Kidnapping and the Hague Convention

English: 2008 Hague Abduction Convention Compl...

Image via Wikipedia

While the Hague Convention can help to get a child returned it is only applicable when the country where the parent has fled with the child is a signed member to the convention. China, Japan, Korea and Taiwan are not. Most Muslim countries on not members of the convention. While Mexico is a member of the Convention, the country is not compliant and you will not receive any help in getting your child returned to the United States from Mexican officials. If your spouse is a national of any of these countries you should discuss with your attorney getting a very strict custody order in place which prevents the parent from taking the child to the country even for vacation.

About McIlveen Family Law Firm

The McIlveen Family Law Firm handles all types of divorce and family law cases.


No comments yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Enter your email address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.


%d bloggers like this: