1. White Water Rafting Center: This spot is sure to provide plenty of fun! There is a white water rafting area, a ziplining area and ample bike trails. Also, there is rock climbing and an awesome restaurant to go to for lunch or dinner. On Thursday nights the center hosts an alive after five event that provides live entertainment.
2. Crowders Mountain: Pack up your kids and your dog and head to Crowders Mountain, located just 20 minutes from Charlotte. This is a great place to go hiking for the day. On a very clear day you can see the skyline of Charlotte from the top of the mountain. It is a sight to see! Not to mention, it is a great workout.
3. Asheville: Asheville is the perfect place for a simple day trip. It is located just 2 hours from Charlotte and the drive is beautiful. There are several hiking trails located in the area that are accompanied by beautiful waterfalls. The Biltmore Estate is also located in Asheville and makes for a fabulous day because not only does an admission ticket provide you the opportunity to view the mansion but it also gives you access to the estate’s many gardens and ample grounds. Recently a wine vineyard was added to the estate and cooking classes and demonstrations are offered daily. Asheville has beautiful shops to browse through that showcase local artists. Also, there is a zip lining course just outside of Asheville that would be great for children.
4. Lake Lure: Lake Lure is a beautiful lake located in the mountains of North Carolina. It is peaceful and there are great restaurants in the area. Also, several scenes of the famous movie Dirty Dancing were shot in this picturesque location!
5. Columbia Zoo: My personal favorite day trip is going to the zoo. Columbia, South Carolina is only a 1.5 hour drive from Charlotte and the zoo is well worth the drive. There are animals of all kinds and you can even feed giraffes, birds and kangaroos! This trip is always exciting!
Facebook has become a divorce attorney’s dream. People post on facebook things that in the past an attorney could only have gotten by hiring a private investigator. It seems today that everyone is sharing their dirty laundry with their online friends. If you are getting a divorce or even thinking about getting a divorce take a hard look at your facebook page. Is there anything on there that you wouldn’t want your spouse, attorneys, or the judge to see?
If you have posts on your facebook page about going out drinking or who your are dating your spouse’s divorce attorney will swoop in and print them off. Those posts can be used as evidence against you in trial. Don’t forget about your friends pages either. Does Sally have a juicy photo of you out on the town posted for the world to see? If so I can find it. Also remember that Videos on YouTube, text messages, dating services, voice mail, cellphones, even Global Positioning System receivers and E-ZPass records can be gold mines of potentially damaging information.